To ensure the care and protection of sick children.
A child needs to be sent home if:
- the Child has a temperature of 38 degrees or above
- has a constant runny nose
- has any condition outlined on the infectious diseases chart
- the Child is generally unwell
- Children will be isolated as much as possible from the other children.
- Sick children will be supervised and reassured at all times.
- Staff member looking after the child to have a mask available to them if they wish.
- Parents/Whanau or emergency number listed on register will be contacted to collect the child from the Centre.
- Staff have the right to refuse entry or to send home any child they feel is too sick to be there.
Conjunctivitis – must be treated. Child excluded until no discharge from eyes for 24 hours.
Diarrhoea – Child to be excluded for 24 hours after the last loose bowel motion. If the Child has 2 very loose bowel motions they are considered to have Diarrhoea.
Vomiting – Child to be excluded until there has been no vomiting for 24 hours
A child's booking will be cancelled for the following day if they have been sent home with Conjunctivitis, Diarrhoea or Vomiting.
They are not to be back at the Centre for 24 hours after they have stopped vomiting or 24 hours since their last loose bowel motion.